Synopsis of Meeting of Thursday, October 22, 2009
1. The meeting was called to order at 3:00 p.m. by Brian/Karen.
Their was acceptance of the September 24, 2009 Meeting Minutes.
2. WFP served 131 families in October, so far. On Saturday of Rotary Coat Distribution, 27 Large families alone were served.
3. Since the WCAC will not be coming to the Holden COA until Jan. 7, 2010 through April, it was suggested that fuel assistance information be made directly available on the H@H website. The WFP is posting contact information (like last year) through the season. Louise will pursue the November and December possibility for WCAC sign-ups at the COA. [Thought: should we take Mark Sanborn and Linda Booker off the email list?] Louise was unable to attend so we know of no new cases under scrutiny for assistance from W.A.R.F. The suggestion was made to not only log the number of families helped with $$$, but also those helped with information.
4. The flyer for Fire Safety/Energy Conservation was printed at The UPS Store for a cost of $680.00. H@H will pay for this cost.
5. Donna Fitch was requested to gather and make available statistics for requests for Energy Audits and information requests for 2008 and 2009 (2010 season?). She offered to send a “Green” flyer to be handed out at the next WFP distribution. Karen will email Donna.
6. Susie reported that she has not yet received the updates from Cheryl for the 2010 booklet. It was decided by the Committee that Susie needs the additions A.S.A.P. The additions will be put on the town website as a pdf update to the 2009 booklet. Additional updates will be posted quarterly. Jacquie will look into this.
7. Jim created a line item for tracking operating expenditures and got the "scoop" on the banner receipt. H@H has decided to give Denise Morano of the Recreation Dept. $3000.00 to apportion at her discretion to as many families as possible, in order to help pay for Before School and/or After School programs. It will be known as the Scholarship fund and disbursements will be tracked. The amount to have in reserve every year is now to be $15,000.00.
8. Rich was unable to attend, but will have the re-branding ideas for December. Joe was volunteered to write the Speak Out for The Landmark this year. [He has graciously agreed to do so.] Karen will contact Warren Stowell of the Holden Lions Club to obtain information on the Lions Club clinic van. Brian will contact the principals in Holden schools to obtain information on health clinics, school supply needs, clothing needs, ec.
9. Fundraising for 2009-2010. Tbe envelopes are in the HMLD bills. The HMA flyer has gone out and, by some schools, the printing was even done.
10. Brian will ask Margaret at HMLD about the banner schedule to establish whether the H@H banner can be hung during October, much of November, and December as fill-ins for groups already signed up for the space. The banner grommets are being fixed by Jack La Prade.
11. Johnny did Cheryl’s PSA on the booklet last week. Karen is scheduled for Friday, Nov. 20 at 3:00 p.m. for the WFP PSA. It was suggested that Louise write the PSAs for W.A.R.F. and how to request helpand for the WCAC and how to sign up and have Donna Cross read them.
12. The next meeting will be Thursday, November 19th, at 3 p.m. in the Starbard Building.
13. The meeting was adjourned at 4 p.m.