Planning Board Meeting Minutes
April 25, 2006
Memorial Hall Town Hall
Members Present: R. Bates, C. Stanovich, R. Ricker, O. Lies, C. Prager, D. Lindberg
Members Absent: W. Ritter
Others Present: Pamela Harding, Senior Planner, Debra Sciascia, Recording Secretary
7:30 PM the Planning Board meeting was called to order.
1. Quinapoxet Woods: Street acceptance has been requested. There are still numerous issues which need to be addressed. One major issue is that a large portion of the sidewalks were constructed outside of the right of way. It is highly unlikely they will be ready for Town meeting. The Board has a letter from DPW for review. R. Ricker motioned for no acceptance. C. Stanovich seconded. Vote 6-0, denied.
2. Mason Ridge Estates: The deeds were not recorded within the time frame and need to be voted at Town meeting. C. Stanovich recommended street acceptance for Mason Ridge Estates. R. Ricker seconded. Vote 6-0, all in favor.
3. Winter Hill Estates: There are a few minor issues which will most likely be ready for Town meeting acceptance. A letter from DPW to Stephen Mirick, Mirick and Daniels, was distributed to the Board for review. No action required.
1. Variance 20 Putnam Ln, Rick Sampson: There was an error in the placement of a new house on Putnam Lane, and the applicant is seeking relief from 6 of the rear yard setback. The property is located in an R-1 zoning district and a 20 setback applies. The house was placed 19.5. C. Prager motioned for no planning significance. C. Stanovich seconded. All in favor.
2. Variance Verizon Main St/Holt Rd, Lot Width: There are two structures on one lot in an R-10 Commercial District. When separating the buildings, the lots have adequate frontage and area but cannot meet the lot width requirement in the R-10 zoning district. The lot width will be deferred to Town Council. C. Stanovich motioned for no planning significance. C. Prager seconded. All in favor.
3. Special Permit 20 Erins Way/Accessory Apartment, Sean Zenos: The applicant is seeking an accessory in-law apartment located within the new subdivision, Surrey Lane Extension. R. Ricker motioned for no action due to no planning significance. C. Stanovich seconded. All in favor.
APPROVAL NOT REQUIRED:
1. Reservoir St Drawbridge: The applicant is submitting a revised plan that satisfied the lot width requirements. R. Ricker moved to approve as submitted with the corrections. C. Stanovich seconded. Vote 6-0, all in favor.
· March 14, 2006: C. Prager motioned to approve the minutes. C. Stanovich seconded. D. Lindberg abstained. Vote 5-0, approved.
· Sunnyside Motors: The approval was November 2003. The Board discussed when the applicant actually started working on the project.
· Master Plan: The next Master Plan meeting is May 16, 2006.
· Verizon Lot: C. Stanovich inquired if it was known what is going in that space.
NEXT MEETINGS: May 9, 2006 at 7:30 PM.
R. Ricker motioned to adjourn the Planning Board meeting. D. Lindberg seconded. All in favor.
Adjourned at 8:00 PM.
April 25, 2006 meeting minutes approved: May 23, 2006
Debra A. Sciascia