The Holden Municipal Electric Power Advisory Board is established to provide the Holden Municipal Light Department with the operational direction necessary to insure the successful competitive operation of that Department.
Function: The Municipal Electric Power Advisory Board (MEPAB) is hereby delegated authority to direct and control the daily operations of the Holden Municipal Light Department. This authority shall extend to and include:
1. Recommendation to the Town Manager of a qualified individual for appointment to the position of Light Department Operating Manager. The Operating Manager so appointed shall be directly responsible to the Directors for the conduct and supervision of the day to day operations of the Light Department.
2. Employment of such other servants, agents and attorneys as are deemed necessary to operate the Light Department, subject to such provisions of a merit system which may be established;
3. Recommendation of salary and wages to be paid to employees of the Light Department;
4. Purchase of supplies particular to the operation of the Light Department, in accordance with applicable General Laws and Town By-Law and consistent with accepted purchasing procedures;
5. Control of all plant, equipment, or supplies in the custody of the Light Department;
6. Establishment of electric rates in accordance with procedural requirements of various State and Federal Regulatory Bodies;
7. Manufacture and distribution of gas and electricity.
The Electric Board shall, annually, require the Light Department Operating Manager to submit a report of the operation of the Department for the previous year. The Board shall also cause to be prepared and submitted an annual financial statement. The aforementioned reports shall thereafter be submitted to the Town Manager with appropriate Board remarks.
The Board shall require the Light Department Operating Manager to prepare an annual budget for consideration by the Board. Such budget shall then be submitted to the Town Manager in accordance with the requirements set forth by Section 19, Chapter 406 of the Acts of 1951 and Chapter 164, Section 57 of the Annotated Laws of Massachusetts.
The Board shall cause the proceedings of their meetings to be recorded. Copies of such minutes shall become a public record and shall be kept on file in the Office of the Town Manager, Town Clerk, and the Light Department.
1. The Municipal Electric Power Advisory Board shall consist of three members who shall serve at the pleasure of the Town Manager for three year terms.
2. The Board shall organize and select a Chairman and such other officers as it sees fit.
3. The Board may adopt such rules as it may deem necessary and consistent with the orderly conduct of its business.