HOLDEN BOARD OF SELECTMEN
RULES AND REGULATIONS
SOLICITORS & CANVASSERS
1. The Chief of Police and Officers are authorized to enforce the provisions of the Solicitors and Canvassers By-Law and to issue permits in accordance with these Rules and Regulations.
2. No person shall engage in solicitation or canvassing after the hour of 8:00 pm or before the hour of 8:00 am.
3. All persons engaged in solicitation or canvassing activities shall make application and obtain a photo id from the Holden Police Department to be prominently displayed on their persons identifying their name and organization.
4. Applications will be accepted Monday through Friday, 8:30 am to 4:30 pm, normal business hours only.
5. A list of the streets to be covered will be supplied to the Police Department on a daily basis.
6. Fee: $10.00 per person for each permit shall be paid to the Town of Holden.
A $10.00 deposit per person for each permit shall be paid to the Town of Holden and will be refunded upon the expiration date of the permit if the permit is returned. Otherwise, the deposit fee will be forfeited.
7. Violation and Penalty: Any person violating any provisions of this By-Law shall upon conviction in a court of law, be punished by a fine not to exceed fifty ($50.00) dollars for each and every offense.
8. Authority: These rules and regulations are adopted pursuant to Section 3 of Part II of Article V of the Town of Holden By-Laws.
ADOPTED: January 5, 1987
AMENDED: November 17, 2003